By the generosity of various sponsors of our actuarial program, the Actuarial Exam Reimbursement is made possible to financially support actuarial students at UCSB.
This page will introduce you to requirements and instructions of applying for exam reimbursements. Please read carefully before planning for exams and applying for reimbursements.
We wish you the best of luck facing the challenge of exams!
- Requirements and Instructions (PDF)
- Reimbursement Application Form (Fillable PDF)
- Application Submission Portal (Google Form)
- SOA Login
- I-94 Website
- For questions or request of support, contact Anna Theogarajan at email@example.com
To be eligible for the reimbursement program, you need to meet the following requirements at the time of applying:
- Enrolled at UCSB and NOT graduating within 4 weeks.
- Enrolled in one of the PSTAT department majors: Actuarial Science, Statistics and Data Science, Financial Mathematics and Statistics.
- Registered and paid for membership with UCSB Actuarial Association
For an exam attempt to be eligible for reimbursement, the exam attempt must be:
- An attempt that received a passing grade of the exam.
- Have at least one passing attempt of a different exam prior to the attempt which you are applying for reimbursement.
Step 1: Fill out and sign the application form
Please refer to the instruction document for detailed guide for each item on the form. If sign on hard copy, please scan the signed form into a clear PDF for submission.
When submitting, name the file as “Last_First_Application.pdf”
Step 2: Acquiring Supplemental Documents
Required documents include:
- Document I: Exam Order History, named as “Last_First_Order.pdf”
- must show your name, the exam that you ordered which matches the exam that you are applying reimbursement for, and the amount you paid for the exam.
- Document II: Exam Transcript, named as “Last_First_Transcript.pdf”
- must show a passing grade for the exam which you are applying reimbursement for, as well as at least one other passing grade for an exam prior to the exam you are applying reimbursement for.
Required for international students:
- Document III: Passport ID Page, named as “Last_First_Passport.pdf”
- Document IV: Most Recent I-94, named as “Last_First_I-94.pdf”
For detailed instructions on acquiring required documents, please refer to the instruction document.
There will be space to submit additional documents if necessary.
The application may take 3-4 weeks to process. If successfully processed, expect the requested amount to be issued to your BARC account, or be directly deposited to your bank account on file (with proper set up on BARC).